Things Unseen - Sundials

I don't measure my days
in minutes or hours
But in the unfurling of leaves
and the budding of flowers

As I watch the numbers
they slowly dance away
and slip into these moments
that move, skip and sway

Alive and free
they stretch and weave
they pass like spring showers
they pass in a dream

I don't measure time passing
with dates or pages turning
but with the height of nettles
and the geese returning

The hawthorn hedge blooms
and I notice every flower
its fullness whispers summer
on my skin beneath its bower

The screens have turned to windows
their light roaming from my eyes
and the clocks have turned their faces
to watch the clearing skies

For me and for the seeds 
we await the warming sun
to do what we were made for
and slowly come undone

~Kaery

Comments

Popular Posts